Thursday, June 25, 2009

Children's Prayers for Others

So this week at camp, the worship leader for Elementary asked all the campers to write a prayer down and ask God for something. He also told them that this prayer had to be for someone else, therefore, they were praying to God on behalf of others. The campers' prayers are beautiful and I would like to share them with you...


- Dear Lord, I hope everyone here has a friend because I don’t want anyone to be lonely. I also want you to watch over my family and everyone here for the next couple of days. I hope everyone in the world is safe, and if they’re not please just watch over them. Amen.
- I hope my great grandma in heaven is with you Lord. Amen.
- I pray for my cousins D…, K…, and R…. Their parents are divorced and it is hard for them.
- I pray for my cat snickerdoodle because she is really old and she doesn’t like any of the food we give her. She also misses my cat notails who died. I don’t want her to die too.
- I pray for G…. to go to church because I think she doesn’t want to go because her mom died and dad went to jail, so I want her to try once so she’ll love God and Jesus the way we do. Love, K…..
- I pray for my mom. I am going to tell my brother about my day.
- I want to pray for my family to be safe and have a great life.
- I want to pray for the homeless that they would be safe.
- Dear God, I pray for my Grandmother because her back is very hurt and I am worried so please. From J.B.
- Dear Lord, can you bless everyone in this place so we can have a good time at camp and help the homeless people so they can all have a home.
- Please watch over my mom and dad while I am away.
- Dear God, take care of Uncle T. and Aunt S. with the twins.
- Lord, I pray for my dog swag because he is blind and he is very old. Please give him more life, God. Amen.
- Dear God, please heal my dog’s leg so he be more flexible. Amen.
- My brother to get safely out of the army. L.O.
- I pray for my grandfather to feel better. D. Amen.
- I hope every body in my cabin has fun and get some sleep.
- God, Please help J. have a great week at camp.
- I hope my friend J. has a great time at camp this week.
- Dear God, I hope my BFF KK has everything she needs.
- Dear God, I pray for my friend B. to feel better.
- God, Please help my grandma get well and that she get through the hard times and get the test back that she does not have cancer.
- Help the people that don’t have shelter or food.
- Dear God and heaven I want my Grandpa T. to have a better life because he’s very sick and acts sad.
- I pray for my Dad in Iraq.
- I pray for my grandma so she is okay! Thank you God. Amen.
- Hope and pray for a child who’s in a orphanage!
- For a lady named M. to have enough money for food.
- God please give my sister someone to play with while I’m at camp.
- I pray for K. because she moved and for my mom when she comes to pick me up so she doesn’t crash.
- Good healthcare so the poor can be …….
- I pray that my dog lives and that my great grandma who died about 3 months ago is happy in heaven.
- Please help M.L. survive and recover from her surgery. Amen.
- Dear God. I wish no war, no death. All I wish for is peace.
- Dear God. It will be awesome if you can help the needy.
- For the people who don’t have a home and food and clothes.
- Please help my grandmother get through her accident.
- God please help my great grandma’s health and keep her safe and help her through any obstacles and trouble in her life. Amen.
- Please make sure my family is okay without me right now. Plus sure the homeless get what they need.
- For my grandpa.
- My parents. I hope they are doing ok and I hope they aren’t getting to sad or they aren’t missing me too much.
- Dear God. Let my grandma not get sick like she has.
- I pray for my sister M. She is at a sleep away camp for two weeks and that’s the longest I ever been away from her. I miss her. Make sure she comes home safe. Amen.
- My dying great grandma with memory loss.
- My grandma who is in Michigan in a hospital. She is very sick.
- My grandpa, because he’s been very sick ever since I was 5 and now I’m 9.
- Dear God. please help my uncle with his scabies and scars.
- Lord. Please let my great oma have more health and have better hearing and be safe. Amen.
- Please help my grandparents get home safely and every one have a great time at camp. M.
- Dear Lord. I like you to give my step dad K. some more money. He only has about 20 bucks left. S.
- Dear God. I pray for my mom and dad in these hard times.
- My grandma is lonely because her husband just died.
- For my grandma because she is feeling bad.
- For you to help C. friend and C..
- Dear Father. I heard a very good friend of mine was set up for adoption and I just hope she finds a mom as good as her old one. Amen.
- Dear God. I hope that you make my grandma feel better.
- Please help my dog Pudgey. He is getting weaker and weaker every day.
- Pray for D. He has brain cancer. He is 1 year old.
- Shelter, food, water, and your love for a homeless family.
- God. I pray for my dad and his pre-cancer.
- I pray for my dad because he rides his motorcycle to work. K.
- Lord. Please pray 4 my grandmother and 2 make sure my Pop Pop is okay in heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking my memory back to my days as a camp counselor... Seeing God through the eyes of those sweet kids is one of the best experiences of my life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most genuine thing I've seen in a while. May God continue to bless you and those you fellowship with in camp. I hope you have an awesome remainder of Field Ed Justin!

    ReplyDelete