Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week 6

Hey. I figured I would update the old blog here. I'm actually going to talk about camp in this post, and nothing else (even though I could write a long essay about various other things.)

But camp is Awesome! I am loving it. The past couple of days I have been preoccupied by other things in other places, but I am trying to not lose focus of why I am here at camp. I am here to serve Christ by serving these team members at Warren W. Willis.

This past weekend was Midsummer retreat. I feel that it went well. It was a time where the team members got alot of rest, we had worship both nights, and we had a party on saturday night. The party on saturday night was the one thing I was worried about the most, as we had it at a team member's house. The house is nice and has a pool and big backyard, but I was worried about 120 people being there. However, it worked out nicely! we had a slip and slide in the side yard, a volleyball court set up in the back. People sat on the canal and ate and fellowshipped, and of course the pool and the hot tub were both used. It was a great time and I really enjoyed it, and I think most of the team members did as well.

The spiritual aspect of the weekend was great as well. My good friend, Ryan Frack, spoke and shared about God's rest, and finding true rest in Christ. He also talked about how the team members need to be genuine, authentic, and not play the role that people want them to play. Basically for them to be themselves. It was really, really, good and meaningful for us all.

This week is Week 6 which means, after this week is over, we will only have 3 more weeks. The summer has flown by so much, but I am hopeful that these last weeks will be amazing and filled with God's love and spirit. This week, I am also filling in for the EC worship leader has she has come down with Laryngitis and can not speak at all. So that is fun! Anyway, that is camp. I love it. It's awesome. I will miss it when I have to leave.
Grace and Peace,
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment