Friday, May 22, 2009

Tired, Tired, Tired!

So. The support staff and team leaders are here. The lifeguards are here. The ropes course people are here. Therefore, probably 1/4 of the team members for the summer are here. The past 30 hours or so have gone by and we are in preparation for orientation for the full team which starts wednesday.

I am really excited. The support staff (which are those who basically program and run the camp - 10 college students) are an amazing group of people. I am truly excited for what God has in store for this summer, because these group of support staffers are passionate about camp and they seem to be passionate about God. I have not spent much time with those who are lifeguarding, so I need to me more proactive about hanging out with them. But all in all, it's been good.

I am tired because I haven't slept well. but not sleeping well is because of the new environment. I'm sure the stress will hit soon as orientation week approaches, but I am less scared than I once was...

So.. I do have prayer requests though..

1. That orientaion week would be an amazing week for the team members as this is the week the foundation is set and the team members worship, learn, etc... (crazy busy, overwhelming week)...
2. That I would rest and find sabbath.
3. That God would show up this summer and allow the campers and staff to realize their identities are as children of God!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey J! Thanks for keeping us all updated. I'm looking forward to sharing your summer with ya from a distance! You'll be in my prayers, kindred spirit...

    ReplyDelete