Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's Rainy! It's Cold! But I'm HERE!!!

So, it's May 20th, 11:23 AM, in Central Florida, and the temperature is not even in the 70s. Crazy I know.

As I write this I am sitting in a rocking chair, in a big building, on the back porch, looking at the lake. It's very serene. Today is a day of rest. It is a day for me to explore, get my bearing, go grocery shopping, and watch some of the SEC Baseball tourney (Go anyone who is playing Ole Miss, today that happens to be Georgia! so Go Georgia!) but anyway, I drove all day yesterday, and let me tell you... I 10 is a boring drive from Pensacola to Lake City... I wanted to pull my hair out... nothing but pine trees... but the drive only took about 10 hours or so.. I pulled in at 7:45, just in time to catch American Idol, which for the record, Kara wrote the worst song ever for the finalists to sing.. They both bombed it... it was awful... but i digress, I'm here. I'm excited. It's a beautiful, beautiful camp. There is a lot of Spanish Moss and big Oak Trees by the big lake. So... that's my update for today. Tomorrow I have a meeting to officially find out my responsibilities and such, and then lifeguard training starts tomorrow night (i hope it warms up!). so for know, I'm signing of...
Grace and Peace
Justin....

No comments:

Post a Comment